update firefox, and again your config is messed up

update firefox, and again your config is messed up

François Patte-2
Bonjour,

I updated f30 and a new version of firefox came... and again, firefox
does not use userChrome.css....

toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets is set to true but
firefox 71 seems to not take this into account!

SIGH! SIGH!

Does anyone know how to change this?  I want to have the tab bar as the
last bar (ie. just above the tab-windows). I struggled with this with
the preceeding versions of firefox, and have to struggle again with this!!!

As we say in French: "Ils" sont chi...."

Merci.
--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique

Re: update firefox, and again your config is messed up

Ger van Dijck-2
On Sun, 08 Dec 2019 11:06:33 +0100, François Patte
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I updated f30 and a new version of firefox came... and again, firefox
> does not use userChrome.css....
>
> toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets is set to true but
> firefox 71 seems to not take this into account!
>
> SIGH! SIGH!
>
> Does anyone know how to change this?  I want to have the tab bar as the
> last bar (ie. just above the tab-windows). I struggled with this with
> the preceeding versions of firefox, and have to struggle again with
> this!!!
>
> As we say in French: "Ils" sont chi...."

As we say in Dutch : "Francois behave...."

I have the same problem in Centos6 : One way or another I can not launch
Firefox after an udate (Sigkill etc.)

Ger van Dijck.

> Merci.

Re: update firefox, and again your config is messed up

Fedora List mailing list-2
On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 11:06:33 +0100
François Patte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I updated f30 and a new version of firefox came... and again, firefox
> does not use userChrome.css....
>
> toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets is set to true but
> firefox 71 seems to not take this into account!

Try with a different user.  It sounds like you have some cruft hanging
around that is interfering with the settings.  Because this project,

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/

says that is the way to use custom css.

about:config > toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets > true

> SIGH! SIGH!
>
> Does anyone know how to change this?  I want to have the tab bar as
> the last bar (ie. just above the tab-windows). I struggled with this
> with the preceeding versions of firefox, and have to struggle again
> with this!!!

This might help:

https://www.userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-css.html

Partway down the page is some CSS to move the tabs to the bottom that
was posted yesterday.  You can probably adapt that.

Or this:

https://www.userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-js.html