rebootless liveos installer - rliveinst v0.3 for f11

rebootless liveos installer - rliveinst v0.3 for f11

Douglas McClendon-2
I've been working on a pygtk-glade GUI for my rebootless liveos
installer that I posted here nearly 2 years ago.  It should be ready any
day now.  In the meantime, I updated my bash version for fedora-11.
Just in case somebody at fudcon wants to play around, here is the
possibly working update-

http://filteredperception.org/downloads/rliveinst-0.3

and here are screenshots of the imminent GUI

http://filteredperception.org/smiley/stuff/gallery/zyxrli

happy hacking...

-dmc

Re: rebootless liveos installer - rliveinst v0.3 for f11

Jane Dogalt

Also, this does not yet work with a --home style liveusb, and overlays might not work either.  And it doesn't play well with the automatic swap enabling, so before running the script, do 'swapoff -a'.  And what the heck, for good measure you may want to do a 'umount /mnt/live' for good measure beforehand as well.

But other than all those caveats- it did just actually do its job on a real hardware test (acer aspire one).

Obviously much work remains to be done, but it's rapidly approaching where I've always wanted to see it.

-dmc