Quantcast

"TSC calibration failed"

Lawrence E Graves-2
Is there a fix for this error message that shows up in the boot sequence on Fedora 18.
--
All things are workable but don't all things work. Prov. 3:5 & 6

Re: "TSC calibration failed"

John Reiser
> Is there a fix for this error message  "TSC calibration failed"
> that shows up in the boot sequence on Fedora 18.

It is likely that this is an issue between the Linux kernel and your
hardware+BIOS, and has little to do with Fedora itself.  I haven't seen
the message on any of three machines with different boards+BIOS+CPU.

File a report in bugzilla.  Include the kernel version ("uname -r"),
the CPU model info from /proc/cpuinfo, and the BIOS Information,
System Information, and Base Board Information from running "dmidecode".