persistence in Live USB

Joseph Barney
I dunno if this is the right spot but had to try... I tried making a 2GB persistence space on my Live USB... It's a fairly new 8GB Sandisk Cruzer, and I've read that with fat32 you can make it as much as 4GB. I'm no techical wizard, but more artsy but can usually manage on computers. I am using Fedora 11. My system does boot off the flash drive but it gives me a bit over 830mb of space, according to the OS but it is not persistent...Anything saved is lost on reboot and I do have Fedora 11 on my hard drive and installed it to flash with the official LiveUSB Creator. Any advice? Thanks!

Joey

Re: persistence in Live USB

Douglas McClendon-2
Joseph Barney wrote:
> I dunno if this is the right spot but had to try... I tried making a 2GB
> persistence space on my Live USB... It's a fairly new 8GB Sandisk
> Cruzer, and I've read that with fat32 you can make it as much as 4GB.
> I'm no techical wizard, but more artsy but can usually manage on
> computers. I am using Fedora 11. My system does boot off the flash drive
> but it gives me a bit over 830mb of space, according to the OS but it is
> not persistent...Anything saved is lost on reboot and I do have Fedora
> 11 on my hard drive and installed it to flash with the official LiveUSB
> Creator. Any advice? Thanks!

No problem.  Probably the best thing to do would be to file a bug in
bugzilla.  In that bug, it would help to have the following information-

a) log into a terminal, 'su -' to root. and run the following commands
and paste their output-

dmsetup status

df -m

losetup -a

mount

ls -l /mnt/live/LiveOS

b) try with 1.5G, and then 256M persistence space.

With that information I might be able to better diagnose the problem.

For information on filing bugs, see-

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests

peace...

-dmc