norhgb doesn't work

Lars Bjørndal-2
Hello, list

In my kickstart file, I use 'bootloader --append=nomodeset norhgb'. Even
though, I get the graphical boot when booting the live media. Last, I
tried it, building a Fedora 15 livecd. What can I do to get the old text
output during boot?

Regards,
Lars

Re: norhgb doesn't work

Brian C. Lane-2
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 09:29:52PM +0200, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> Hello, list
>
> In my kickstart file, I use 'bootloader --append=nomodeset norhgb'. Even
> though, I get the graphical boot when booting the live media. Last, I
> tried it, building a Fedora 15 livecd. What can I do to get the old text
> output during boot?

What does the final kernel command line look like?

Re: norhgb doesn't work

Lars Bjørndal-2
"Brian C. Lane" <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 09:29:52PM +0200, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
>> Hello, list
>>
>> In my kickstart file, I use 'bootloader --append=nomodeset norhgb'. Even
>> though, I get the graphical boot when booting the live media. Last, I
>> tried it, building a Fedora 15 livecd. What can I do to get the old text
>> output during boot?
>
> What does the final kernel command line look like?

It looks like:

vmlinuz0 initrd=initrd0.img root=live:uuid=85ed-b60f rootfstype=vfat
ro live img lang=no_no.iso8859-1 quiet nomodeset rhgb rd_no_luks
rd_no_md rd_no_dm _

Why isn't "norhgb" present?

Lars

Re: norhgb doesn't work

Bruno Wolff III
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 21:29:52 +0200,
  Lars Bjørndal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, list
>
> In my kickstart file, I use 'bootloader --append=nomodeset norhgb'. Even
> though, I get the graphical boot when booting the live media. Last, I
> tried it, building a Fedora 15 livecd. What can I do to get the old text
> output during boot?

Maybe you need some more quoting as --append might only be picking up
nomodeset. Maybe something like bootloader --append="nomodeset norhgb".