new package: KeepassXC password manager

Germano Massullo
Hello, I am glad to announce that KeepassXC just arrived into Fedora
repositories.
KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, a native cross-platform port
of KeePass Password Safe, with the goal to extend and improve it with
new features and bugfixes to provide a feature-rich, fully
cross-platform and modern open-source password manager.
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/keepassxc

A new important feature that will be introduced probably in future 2.3.0
release, is the PKCS#11 support, in order to let users access to the
database using security devices like smartcards and usb sticks like
Nitrokey Pro
https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/issues/255

Concerning the frequent question "why KeepassXC instead of Keepass*",
please read https://keepassxc.org/docs

Best regards

Re: new package: KeepassXC password manager

Tom Horsley-5
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:06:05 +0200
Germano Massullo wrote:

> KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, a native cross-platform port
> of KeePass Password Safe, with the goal to extend and improve it

The feature I could really use is a preference for
setting the font size. On a UHD monitor you can barely
read the existing keepassx screen.

Re: new package: KeepassXC password manager

Daniel Krebs

Am 10.06.2017 um 10:06 schrieb Germano Massullo:
> Hello, I am glad to announce that KeepassXC just arrived into Fedora
> repositories.
I'm confused, I'm using keepassXC on Fedora 25 for some weeks now and
thought I was getting it from the standard Repos allready?

DK

Re: new package: KeepassXC password manager

Ege Güneş
On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Germano Massullo <[hidden email]> wrote:

A new important feature that will be introduced probably in future 2.3.0
release, is the PKCS#11 support, in order to let users access to the
database using security devices like smartcards and usb sticks like
Nitrokey Pro
https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/issues/255

Current version on repos is 2.1.4. I heard Yubikey support will come with 2.2.0. When will 2.2.0 be stable?

Il 13/06/2017 16:28, InvalidPath ha scritto:
> And seems like it cannot.  This would be a great feature to add.. the
> ability to open and use keepass db files across SMB mounts.  What's
> weird is that I can navigate the directory structure thru keepassXC
> however clicking on Open does nothing.
>
> :(

If the file is an "old" Keepass (not KeepassX), did you try to use menu
entry "Database->Import Keepass 1 database"?

Re: new package: KeepassXC password manager

InvalidPath
Oh no this file is a .kdbx ver. 2 file.

Il 13/06/2017 19:44, InvalidPath ha scritto:
> Oh no this file is a .kdbx ver. 2 file.
I have talked with upstream developers and they told me to suggest you
to open a bugreport at address
https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/issues
Thank you

Re: new package: KeepassXC password manager

InvalidPath
Will do, thanks!