livecd-tools 024-1

Grant Williamson
Anyone else having issues with the latest livecd-tools 024-1.
Almost every custom livecd I create it fails on fsck.

I worked around this, however, could it be changed so it just throws a
warning
and not an exception?

Re: livecd-tools 024-1

Jeremy Katz
On Monday, May 11 2009, Williamson Grant said:
> Anyone else having issues with the latest livecd-tools 024-1.
> Almost every custom livecd I create it fails on fsck.

Update your e2fsprogs.  If you have a perfect reproducer, esandeen would
love to hear it in bug 499452

> I worked around this, however, could it be changed so it just throws a
> warning and not an exception?

Having it be fatal was by the explicit request of the ext4 maintainer as
there really shouldn't be errors being found.  And having errors found
means that there are critical bugs which need fixing

Jeremy

Re: livecd-tools 024-1

Sebastian Dziallas
Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Monday, May 11 2009, Williamson Grant said:
>> Anyone else having issues with the latest livecd-tools 024-1.
>> Almost every custom livecd I create it fails on fsck.
>
> Update your e2fsprogs.  If you have a perfect reproducer, esandeen would
> love to hear it in bug 499452

I guess I've one. Interestingly, this occurred using ext3 file
systems... I'll comment on that bug.

--Sebastian

>> I worked around this, however, could it be changed so it just throws a
>> warning and not an exception?
>
> Having it be fatal was by the explicit request of the ext4 maintainer as
> there really shouldn't be errors being found.  And having errors found
> means that there are critical bugs which need fixing
>
> Jeremy

Re: livecd-tools 024-1

Grant Williamson
yep I see it using ext3.