livecd-creator fails on rawhide

valent.turkovic@gmail.com
I have selinux in permissive mode, and I get this error.
Is this a bug I should file with livecd-tools or selinux?

Cheers,
Valent.

# livecd-creator -c
/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-8-base-desktop.ks -f
Fedora8-LinuxOsijek -t /media/sda8/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 132, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 108, in main
    creator = imgcreate.LiveImageCreator(ks, name, fs_label)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/imgcreate/live.py", line 46,
in __init__
    LoopImageCreator.__init__(self, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line
716, in __init__
    ImageCreator.__init__(self, ks, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line
74, in __init__
    self.__sanity_check()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line
398, in __sanity_check
    raise CreatorError("SELinux requested but not enabled on host")
imgcreate.errors.CreatorError: SELinux requested but not enabled on host

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Re: livecd-creator fails on rawhide

Sebastian Vahl-2
Please have a look at the error message:

> imgcreate.errors.CreatorError: SELinux requested but not enabled on host

You don't have selinux enabled on your host machine but want to create a live
image which has selinux enabled (and the default configs do have it enabled).

Solutions:
a) enable selinux on your host machine (either enforcing or permissive)
b) disable selinux in the kickstart

Sebastian

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Sebastian Vahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please have a look at the error message:
>

>  > imgcreate.errors.CreatorError: SELinux requested but not enabled on host
>
>  You don't have selinux enabled on your host machine but want to create a live
>  image which has selinux enabled (and the default configs do have it enabled).
>
>  Solutions:
>  a) enable selinux on your host machine (either enforcing or permissive)
>  b) disable selinux in the kickstart
>
>  Sebastian

Jup, my bad, sorry, I was almost sure that it was in permissive mode.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Re: livecd-creator fails on rawhide

hkr88
Solutions:
a) enable selinux on your host machine (either enforcing or permissive)
b) disable selinux in the kickstart

Hello,

I'm new to linux system, and could give more direction?
As you said I want to enable selinux on the host machine, and disalbe selinux in the kickstart.
I went through selinux setting and only thing I saw was "selinux --enforcing"
Please help.

Thank You,
HK