gpg-agent is not available in this session

gpg-agent is not available in this session

Gour
Hello,

I’m running Fedora f25-beta and have problem that I’ve to repeatedly
enter my gpg password whenever I e.g. commit with Fossil (DVCS).

gpg-agent.contains the following:

pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-gtk
#allow-emacs-pinentry
#no-grab
default-cache-ttl 86400
allow-loopback-pinentry

and I’ve installed both pinentry-{gtk,gnome3}, but none is launched.

gpg-agent is now running as:

[gour@atmarama ~]$ ps ax | grep gpg-agent
 2521 ?        Ss     0:01 gpg-agent --homedir /home/gour/.gnupg --use-standard-socket --daemon
 8573 ?        Ss     0:00 gpg-agent --homedir \
 /var/cache/PackageKit/25/metadata/fedora-cisco-openh264.tmp/gpgdir --use-standard-socket --daemon

although previously only the first process was present.

Moreover, I do not see the difference between Xorg and Wayland sessions…

I also see (in Seahorse) that Gnome2 Key Storage remains locked after
(non-automatic) login.

Any hint what’s wrong or how to get working gpg-agent as it is the case
with ssh-agent?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Perform your prescribed duty, for doing so is better than not
working. One cannot even maintain one's physical body without work.

Re: gpg-agent is not available in this session

Patrick O'Callaghan-2
On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 19:13 +0100, Saša Janiška wrote:
> I’m running Fedora f25-beta and have problem that I’ve to repeatedly
> enter my gpg password whenever I e.g. commit with Fossil (DVCS).

F25 has not yet been released. Please post to the Fedora Test list.

poc

Re: gpg-agent is not available in this session

Christopher-2
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 1:14 PM Saša Janiška <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I had a similar issue with git. I had to set my  gpg.program to gpg2 for things to work correctly. Fedora ships with both gpg and gpg2. Most things seem to work fine out of the box with gpg2, but many apps call "gpg" instead of "gpg2". It looks like that's the case with the default value for fossil's pgp-command setting: "gpg --clearsign -o ". You can probably change that to "gpg2 --clearsign -o ".

Re: gpg-agent is not available in this session

Joe Zeff-2
On 11/15/2016 12:35 PM, Christopher wrote:
> I had a similar issue with git. I had to set my  gpg.program to gpg2 for
> things to work correctly. Fedora ships with both gpg and gpg2. Most
> things seem to work fine out of the box with gpg2, but many apps call
> "gpg" instead of "gpg2". It looks like that's the case with the default
> value for fossil's pgp-command setting: "gpg --clearsign -o ". You can
> probably change that to "gpg2 --clearsign -o ".

If gpg is hard coded into the program, that won't work, but a symlink
will, and may be easier if there's more than one program having trouble.
  Just a thought.

Christopher <[hidden email]> writes:

> Fedora ships with both gpg and gpg2.  Most things seem to work fine
> out of the box with gpg2, but many apps call "gpg" instead of "gpg2".

Ahh, forgot about gpg…

> It looks like that's the case with the default value for fossil's
> pgp-command setting: "gpg --clearsign -o ". You can probably change
> that to "gpg2 --clearsign -o ".

You’re correct - that fixed it…nothing f25-specific. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Never was there a time when I did not exist,
nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future