dungeonhack

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dungeonhack

Guido Grazioli
Hello list, i'am a new subscriber; is anyone working on
packaging dungeonhack?
http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net

I started out submitting alure for review here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=526055

And i'm now working on MyGUI, spec and srpm here,
http://guidograzioli.fedorapeople.org/packages/mygui/
but it's not ready for review yet.

Other missing dependencies are:
- paged geometry
http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/PagedGeometry_Engine
- OIS 1.2.0 (currently OIS 1.0 is available)
More details here:
http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net/Build_Instructions#Building_DungeonHack_on_Linux

Any help welcomed,
cheers

--
Guido Grazioli <[hidden email]>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)
Mobile: +39 347 1017202 (10-18)
Key FP = 7040 F398 0DED A737 7337  DAE1 12DC A698 5E81 2278
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/guidograzioli

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Bugzilla from atorkhov@gmail.com
On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 23:55 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> Hello list, i'am a new subscriber;

Welcome! :)

> is anyone working on packaging dungeonhack?
> http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net

Cool! Another OGRE game! :) Do they have properly licensed media/assets
(models, textures, sounds, etc)?

I see one problem with dungeonhack: they only ported it to
OGRE 1.4, but we have already OGRE 1.6. Thats perhaps wouldn't be too
hard, but who knows...

> I started out submitting alure for review here:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=526055
>
> And i'm now working on MyGUI, spec and srpm here,
> http://guidograzioli.fedorapeople.org/packages/mygui/
> but it's not ready for review yet.
>
> Other missing dependencies are:
> - paged geometry
> http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/PagedGeometry_Engine

Good that they are using unpatched version. I'm maintaining some ogre
stuff that uses bundled paged geometry library and perhaps can package
this.

> - OIS 1.2.0 (currently OIS 1.0 is available)
> More details here:
> http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net/Build_Instructions#Building_DungeonHack_on_Linux

Oh, seems it needs to have some care. I can help, if nobody other
willing to co-maintain it.

Alexey

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Guido Grazioli


2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 23:55 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> is anyone working on packaging dungeonhack?
> http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net

Cool! Another OGRE game! :) Do they have properly licensed media/assets
(models, textures, sounds, etc)?


They state in the website that code is GPLv3 and they accept only content
that is "copylefted: under GPL, LGPL or CC". Have to test if that's true yet.
Details here: http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net/DungeonHack:Copyrights
 
>
> Other missing dependencies are:
> - paged geometry
> http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/PagedGeometry_Engine

Good that they are using unpatched version. I'm maintaining some ogre
stuff that uses bundled paged geometry library and perhaps can package
this.

If you want you cant start from here:
http://guidograzioli.fedorapeople.org/packages/pagedgeometry/
 
Please note that dungeonhack folks ask to install a specific svn revision,
so i targeted that one. Not sure about that.


> - OIS 1.2.0 (currently OIS 1.0 is available)
> More details here:
> http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net/Build_Instructions#Building_DungeonHack_on_Linux

Oh, seems it needs to have some care. I can help, if nobody other
willing to co-maintain it.


Yep it's in the very early stages, but looks really promising...
 
Thanks
Guido

Alexey

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list



--
Guido Grazioli <[hidden email]>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)
Mobile: +39 347 1017202 (10-18)
Key FP = 7040 F398 0DED A737 7337  DAE1 12DC A698 5E81 2278
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/guidograzioli

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Guido Grazioli
In reply to this post by Bugzilla from atorkhov@gmail.com


2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 23:55 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> Hello list, i'am a new subscriber;

Welcome! :)


Hello Alexey sorry to bother you, two things:
- any ogre sample i try to launch fails with
Could not load dynamic library /usr/lib64/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager.so
Where do i get it? Is it the CG library from nvidia?
- there's no naming convention i could find for ogre addons, but should we name
those ogre-addon-<addon-name>?

thanks,
guido


--
Guido Grazioli <[hidden email]>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)
Mobile: +39 347 1017202 (10-18)
Key FP = 7040 F398 0DED A737 7337  DAE1 12DC A698 5E81 2278
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/guidograzioli

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Bugzilla from atorkhov@gmail.com
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 13:20 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
> Hello Alexey sorry to bother you, two things:
> - any ogre sample i try to launch fails with
> Could not load dynamic
> library /usr/lib64/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager.so

In general, samples should work without Cg. Did you run it with
Ogre-Samples helper, or call binaries from /usr/lib64/OGRE/Samples
directly?

> Where do i get it? Is it the CG library from nvidia?

There are Cg and ogre-cg packages in rpmfusion, if you need to run with
it. But, applications in fedora must not have strong requirement on it.

> - there's no naming convention i could find for ogre addons, but
> should we name those ogre-addon-<addon-name>?

I think, it's better to name them like ogre-<addon-name>.

Alexey

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Guido Grazioli


2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 13:20 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
> Hello Alexey sorry to bother you, two things:
> - any ogre sample i try to launch fails with
> Could not load dynamic
> library /usr/lib64/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager.so

In general, samples should work without Cg. Did you run it with
Ogre-Samples helper, or call binaries from /usr/lib64/OGRE/Samples
directly?

> Where do i get it? Is it the CG library from nvidia?

There are Cg and ogre-cg packages in rpmfusion, if you need to run with
it. But, applications in fedora must not have strong requirement on it.


I launched the demos with the Ogre-Samples script.
After installing the libraries you suggested (i had rpmfusion-nonfree
repo disabled), the demos work.

Thanks


_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list



--
Guido Grazioli <[hidden email]>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)
Mobile: +39 347 1017202 (10-18)
Key FP = 7040 F398 0DED A737 7337  DAE1 12DC A698 5E81 2278
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/guidograzioli

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Bugzilla from atorkhov@gmail.com
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 14:00 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:

> 2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
> > On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 13:20 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> > > 2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
> > > Hello Alexey sorry to bother you, two things:
> > > - any ogre sample i try to launch fails with
> > > Could not load dynamic
> > > library /usr/lib64/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager.so
> >
> > In general, samples should work without Cg. Did you run it with
> > Ogre-Samples helper, or call binaries from /usr/lib64/OGRE/Samples
> > directly?
> >
> > > Where do i get it? Is it the CG library from nvidia?
> >
> > There are Cg and ogre-cg packages in rpmfusion, if you need to run
> > with it. But, applications in fedora must not have strong
> > requirement on it.
> >
> I launched the demos with the Ogre-Samples script.
> After installing the libraries you suggested (i had rpmfusion-nonfree
> repo disabled), the demos work.

Is it on F-10? I think, I've fixed samples script only since F-11.

Alexey

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Guido Grazioli


2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 14:00 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
> > In general, samples should work without Cg. Did you run it with
> > Ogre-Samples helper, or call binaries from /usr/lib64/OGRE/Samples
> > directly?
> I launched the demos with the Ogre-Samples script.
> After installing the libraries you suggested (i had rpmfusion-nonfree
> repo disabled), the demos work.

Is it on F-10? I think, I've fixed samples script only since F-11.


Nope, i'm on an updated F-11. Could it be because in:
/usr/lib64/OGRE/Samples/plugins.cfg
i had to comment the line:
Plugin=Plugin_CgProgramManager.so


 
Alexey

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list



--
Guido Grazioli <[hidden email]>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)
Mobile: +39 347 1017202 (10-18)
Key FP = 7040 F398 0DED A737 7337  DAE1 12DC A698 5E81 2278
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/guidograzioli

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Bugzilla from atorkhov@gmail.com
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 14:36 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:

> 2009/9/29 Alexey Torkhov <[hidden email]>
> > On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 14:00 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> > > I launched the demos with the Ogre-Samples script.
> > > After installing the libraries you suggested (i had
> rpmfusion-nonfree
> > > repo disabled), the demos work.
> >
> > Is it on F-10? I think, I've fixed samples script only since F-11.
>
> Nope, i'm on an updated F-11. Could it be because in:
> /usr/lib64/OGRE/Samples/plugins.cfg
> i had to comment the line:
> Plugin=Plugin_CgProgramManager.so

Ah, right, fixed Ogre-Samples script should appear only in F-12.

Alexey

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dungeonhack

Bruno Wolff III
In reply to this post by Guido Grazioli
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 23:55:10 +0200,
  Guido Grazioli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello list, i'am a new subscriber; is anyone working on
> packaging dungeonhack?
> http://dungeonhack.sourceforge.net

I added it to the wishlist (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList).
I don't have time nor a good 3d platform for testing right now, but I'll keep
an eye on this one as I really liked Oblivion.

I think getting into Fedora would give the project a boost and is worth
doing even though it looks like people will tire of the demo in a short
while. (Based on description, I haven't gotten it running.)

_______________________________________________
Fedora-games-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-games-list