can't get desired font in one user's terminal.

can't get desired font in one user's terminal.

home user
(Fedora-30; Gnome-3.32.2; stand-alone home work-station)
(user names below are dummies)

When I'm logged in as eng.user, and I edit a text file in the gnome
terminal, and the file is a mix of Chinese and English text, the Chinese
text shows up as a mix of mostly an unknown blocky font (a "ming"? font)
and a little "AR PL UKai...".

When I'm logged in as cn.user, and I edit a text file in the gnome
terminal, and the file is a mix of Chinese and English text, all the
Chinese text shows up as "AR PL UKai...".

Both accounts have the same language (US English), etc. settings in the
gnome setting tool.
In both accounts, the gnome settings tool does *not* offer any way of
setting font, system or otherwise.
In both accounts, the gnome terminal's encoding is set to Unicode (UTF-8).
In both accounts, the gnome terminal preferences does *not* offer a
Chinese font in the menu of font choices.
When logged in as cn.user, the gnome terminal preferences shows the
chosen font as "AR UL UKai...", even though it's not a choice in the
gnome terminal's font menu.

The font is what I want in cn.user.  But when I'm logged in as eng.user
(which is most of the time), the other Chinese font is for me much
harder to read.  I want Chinese text in text files to all display as "AR
UL UKai...".  How do I achieve that?

Thank-you in advance.
Bill.

Re: can't get desired font in one user's terminal. [SOLVED]

home user
(answering my original post)

 > When I'm logged in as eng.user, and I edit a text file in the gnome
terminal,
 > and the file is a mix of Chinese and English text, the Chinese text
shows up
 > as a mix of mostly an unknown blocky font (a "ming"? font) and a little
 > "AR PL UKai..."....

 > ...I want Chinese text in text files to all display as "AR UL UKai...".
 > How do I achieve that?

Something that I forgot to mention in the original post is that I think
the original problem first showed up in mid-October, right after
upgrading to F-30, though I don't know if there's a connection.

I stumbled on to the gnome tweak tool.  That gave me a way to set the
system font.  Then in the terminal preferences, I set the font to the
system font.  That solves it.

Bill.