Virtual keyboard problems.

George R Goffe
Hi,

I just installed a ton of packages to this system and all of a sudden I have this virtual keyboard. Yes, you guessed it, I don't know which package brought me this head ache.

This system is a Fedora 27 x86_64 (rawhide). I'm using KDE. The monitor is a Samsung 27" TV and has NO touch screen capability that I'm aware of. I am using ONLY the TV as a monitor... the one on the laptop is disabled as far as KDE is concerned.

Any/all help hints/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

My UNENDING Thanks,

George...

Re: Virtual keyboard problems.

Ed Greshko
On 06/14/17 12:38, George R Goffe wrote:
> I just installed a ton of packages to this system and all of a sudden I have this virtual keyboard. Yes, you guessed it, I don't know which package brought me this head ache.
>
> This system is a Fedora 27 x86_64 (rawhide). I'm using KDE. The monitor is a Samsung 27" TV and has NO touch screen capability that I'm aware of. I am using ONLY the TV as a monitor... the one on the laptop is disabled as far as KDE is concerned.
>
> Any/all help hints/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

You mean you installed a bunch of packages without knowing what they
were or how they may affect your system?  And, your running rawhide
which is for testing and whose questions should really go to the "test"
list?

Well, anyway, sounds like you could have installed qt5-qtvirtualkeyboard.

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly

Re: Virtual keyboard problems.

George R Goffe
Ed,

Thanks for your input... I'll contact the test group.

rpm -q qt5-qtvirtualkeyboard

package qt5-qtvirtualkeyboard is not installed

Thanks again,

George...

Hi,

I just installed a ton of packages to this system and all of a sudden I have this virtual keyboard. Yes, you guessed it, I don't know which package brought me this head ache.

This system is a Fedora 27 x86_64 (rawhide). I'm using KDE. The monitor is a Samsung 27" TV and has NO touch screen capability that I'm aware of. I am using ONLY the TV as a monitor... the one on the laptop is disabled as far as KDE is concerned.

Any/all help hints/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

My UNENDING Thanks,

George...
On 06/14/17 12:38, George R Goffe wrote:
> I just installed a ton of packages to this system and all of a sudden I have this virtual keyboard. Yes, you guessed it, I don't know which package brought me this head ache.
>
> This system is a Fedora 27 x86_64 (rawhide). I'm using KDE. The monitor is a Samsung 27" TV and has NO touch screen capability that I'm aware of. I am using ONLY the TV as a monitor... the one on the laptop is disabled as far as KDE is concerned.
>
> Any/all help hints/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

You mean you installed a bunch of packages without knowing what they
were or how they may affect your system?  And, your running rawhide
which is for testing and whose questions should really go to the "test"
list?

Well, anyway, sounds like you could have installed qt5-qtvirtualkeyboard.

--
Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly

Re: Virtual keyboard problems.

Tim-163
Allegedly, on or about 14 June 2017, George R Goffe sent:
> I just installed a ton of packages to this system and all of a sudden
> I have this virtual keyboard. Yes, you guessed it, I don't know which
> package brought me this head ache.

Installation history, dnf logs...
Apropos keyboard
Apropos virtual
rpm -qa|sort|less (then scroll through and look; human search)

Look through your preferences for accessibility options, and turn it
off.  I think an on-screen keyboard is installed with basic systems, by
default, it's just not enabled until you ask for it (which can be done
with hotkey sequences - like rapidly tapping shift keys, or holding a
shift key down - the particular sequence depends on your desktop).

> This system is a Fedora 27 x86_64 (rawhide). I'm using KDE. The
> monitor is a Samsung 27" TV and has NO touch screen capability that
> I'm aware of.

On-screen keyboards (another term for you to look for), don't have to be
used with touchscreens, they can also be used with a mouse, or other
pointing devices.  Sometimes they're used for people without a keyboard,
sometimes they're for people who can't use a keyboard.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
(always current details of the computer that I'm writing this email on)

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages

America, you've had a Bush show you that any idiot can become president,
don't let a Trump prove that any asshole can.