Very basic question.

Mick M.

Hi;
 I have been reading this list for a while.
Is there a how-to or webpage for this group?

I see people writing patches, but not how or where to apply them.
What goes where? where did it come from?

I am running F10 KDE.
What file do I download, to where?
Then how do you run patch? (the man page is confusing)

I can program in C (dos 6 days).
I just need to know how to get started.

Thanks

 Mick M.

Re: Very basic question.

Marc Herbert-5

Yes: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD

> I see people writing patches, but not how or where to apply them.
> What goes where? where did it come from?
>
> I am running F10 KDE.
> What file do I download, to where?
> Then how do you run patch? (the man page is confusing)

This specific list is not really the place to discuss very general topics
like git, diff and patch; you will easily find plenty of other places for
that.

Cheers,

Marc