Self-Introduction: Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

Self-Introduction: Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

Hi, my name is Uditha Bandara Wijerathna and I live in Sri Lanka. My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is udinnet, and my IRC nick is udinnet.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through Fedora Wiki And one of my Sri lankan friend (bckurera) who is a Fedora ambassador in Fedora project, and am interested in joining because I'm really like to spread FOSS like Fedora and from my point of view, Fedora is the greatest Linux based desktop OS and it will be very easy to spread that kind of OS in a country like sri lanka. Also we've taken some measures to spread this Fedora OS in to Sri Lankan villages through small computer training centres.

I've worked in open source and/or Free Software in the past. Some of the projects I've worked on, or communities I've been involved with, include: Joomla, Drupal etc.

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

  • Marketing Skills - Good communication skills, Attractive speech style.
  • Other Skills - Very good knowledge in Linux Platforms and RPM packages. Knowledge in RH server management and administration.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am following my BSc ICT Undergraduate degree at Rajarata University of Sri Lanka.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are spread fedora among almost all computer users in sri lanka  and give'em a sound knowledge in Linux systems and Fedora operating system. I would also like to see fedora becomes the most famous desktop OS in the whole world.

I am wondering about that what are the qualification should I have to become a Fedora Ambassador?

Please help me get started!

Thanks.

GoodBye

- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna -

Re: Self-Introduction: Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

Buddhike Kurera
hello,

Nice to say welcome and feel free to join with us.
Joining with fedora is extraordinary easy.
See you around and KIT.

Will make the fedora LK community proud.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event Liaison - Design Team

Email[hidden email] | IRC: bckurera

Re: Self-Introduction: Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

Heherson Pagcaliwagan-2

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Joining_Ambassadors if you haven't already.