Self Introduction : Biraj Karmakar

Biraj Karmakar
Hi, my name is Biraj Karmakar and I live in Barasat, Kolkata , INDIA.
My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is
biraj(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Biraj), and my IRC nick is
also biraj.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through MarkDude., and am
interested in joining because it spreads news on all major development
updates, releases, new projects and events related to Fedora. I want
to work closely with the Fedora Ambassadors who spread the word about
Fedora at events and allow the Fedora Project to interact directly
with its existing and prospective users.

I am working in open source and/or Free Software in the present. Some
of the projects I am working on
TRANSIFEX(https://transifex.net/projects/p/transifex/team/bn_IN) , and
MOZILLA THUNDER BIRD TRANSLATION(http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/).

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing ...

Marketing skills:
 I have to look "Marketing" up on Wikipedia, actually... I am an
engineering student.

Other skills:
 I keep/make pages good-lookin', spam-free, well-linked.
 I have learnt C and BASIC,python, PHP, SQL,during my schooldays.

I'd also like to learn about many linux magazine.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am studying at college.

I am wondering about what has been done in Marketing in the past.

Please help me get started!

Re: Self Introduction : Biraj Karmakar

Suresh Packiyarajah
Hi Biraj,

Welcome to Fedora world!

If you have not already, please do take a look at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

It has more information's for getting started.if you have any questions feel free to ping us at #fedora-ambassadors and #fedora-mktg on IRC Freenode

-Suresh

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM, Biraj Karmakar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, my name is Biraj Karmakar and I live in Barasat, Kolkata , INDIA.
My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is
biraj(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Biraj), and my IRC nick is
also biraj.

Re: Self Introduction : Biraj Karmakar

Buddhike Kurera
Hello Biraj,

Nice to see an engineering students with the Marketing and welcome to the team. As an engineer I could assure you that we are the best for marketing :) , so you are at the right place.

As Suresh noted you can find all info at the marketing wiki page[1] about how and what to do as a marketing team member.
As you have mentioned magazines are a good place beside I think it is geed to use social network to spread the fedora OS and the project as well. I prefer spreading the fedora project among other university students. May be you can educate your Computer Engineering students about Fedora protect and ask them to join with the project.

Please refer the wiki and if you need further help lease ask. Looking forward to work with you.

[1]  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing ...

Marketing skills:
 I have to look "Marketing" up on Wikipedia, actually... I am an
engineering student.

Other skills:
 I keep/make pages good-lookin', spam-free, well-linked.
 I have learnt C and BASIC,python, PHP, SQL,during my schooldays.

I'd also like to learn about many linux magazine.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am studying at college.

I am wondering about what has been done in Marketing in the past.

Please help me get started!

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event Liaison - Design Team