Seem to have screwed my F25......

DB-33
Evening all,

I thought it would be a Good Idea to "improve" my Fedora system if I
added an SDD.
I put it in, plugged it in & it seemed to work - sort of....

What I now have is a selection window from grub which has 2 new versions
of F25 Workstation (on sda), then an F19, also on sda, followed by the
F25 on sdb (my SDD).

What I would like to do is to remove the 2 new F25s because the one was
only stated to allow me to boot the system; remove the F19 & put F25 on
sdb as the default.  I hope that doing something like this would mean
that (system) updates would be applied to the SDD F25, and that I would
be able to access all the software I have on /home......

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to do this???

Would I need to change any of my SATA cables to make sdb into sda???

Many thanks for any suggestions!!!!!

Dave

Re: Seem to have screwed my F25......

Samuel Sieb
On 06/07/2017 12:20 PM, DB wrote:

> I thought it would be a Good Idea to "improve" my Fedora system if I
> added an SDD.
> I put it in, plugged it in & it seemed to work - sort of....
>
> What I now have is a selection window from grub which has 2 new versions
> of F25 Workstation (on sda), then an F19, also on sda, followed by the
> F25 on sdb (my SDD).
>
> What I would like to do is to remove the 2 new F25s because the one was
> only stated to allow me to boot the system; remove the F19 & put F25 on
> sdb as the default.  I hope that doing something like this would mean
> that (system) updates would be applied to the SDD F25, and that I would
> be able to access all the software I have on /home......
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to do this???

You really need to include some more details.  Plugging in an SSD isn't
going to automatically create a new F25 boot option, so go over the
steps you took and what you want the result to be.

> Would I need to change any of my SATA cables to make sdb into sda???

Yes, you will need to swap where the SATA cables are plugged into the
motherboard.