SLiM dependency on xterm?

Ranjan Maitra-2
Hi,

Just wondering why installing the rpm for SLiM depends on xterm? Should it not be stripped of this dependency?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.

Re: SLiM dependency on xterm?

Roger
On 21/12/14 15:27, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering why installing the rpm for SLiM depends on xterm? Should it not be stripped of this dependency?
>
> Many thanks,
> Ranjan

Do you mean Slim as in AngularJS as in RESTful web design?
If so I've never had to install it, just put the file/s into the
appropriate directory.
Roger

Re: SLiM dependency on xterm?

Ranjan Maitra-2
On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 18:11:40 +1100 Roger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21/12/14 15:27, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just wondering why installing the rpm for SLiM depends on xterm? Should it not be stripped of this dependency?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Ranjan
> >
> Do you mean Slim as in AngularJS as in RESTful web design?
> If so I've never had to install it, just put the file/s into the
> appropriate directory.
> Roger

Sorry, I do not understand the question: SLiM is a simple login manager. I like it, but I don't quite see why it needs to bring in the dependency on xterm.

Try:

sudo yum install slim

or if dnf is your preference

sudo dnf install slim

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

Re: SLiM dependency on xterm?

Rahul Sundaram-3
Hi

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Ranjan Maitra  wrote:

Sorry, I do not understand the question: SLiM is a simple login manager. I like it, but I don't quite see why it needs to bring in the dependency on xterm.

You should probably file a bug report.   It has a dependency on xorg-x11-apps which appears unnecessary as well

Rahul

Re: SLiM dependency on xterm?

Ranjan Maitra-2
On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:51:35 -0500 Rahul Sundaram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Ranjan Maitra  wrote:
>

> > Sorry, I do not understand the question: SLiM is a simple login manager. I
> > like it, but I don't quite see why it needs to bring in the dependency on
> > xterm.
> >

> You should probably file a bug report.   It has a dependency on
> xorg-x11-apps which appears unnecessary as well

Thank you very much! I will do so: I just wanted to be sure about this (if anyone knew why this was needed).

Many thanks,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.

Re: SLiM dependency on xterm?

Ralf Corsepius
On 12/21/2014 06:51 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Ranjan Maitra  wrote:
>

>     Sorry, I do not understand the question: SLiM is a simple login
>     manager. I like it, but I don't quite see why it needs to bring in
>     the dependency on xterm.
>

> You should probably file a bug report.   It has a dependency on
> xorg-x11-apps which appears unnecessary as well
There direct references to xterm in the source code, so the deps
probably are correct.

Ralf