Problem with K3B.

Ger van Dijck
Hi Everybody ,

When starting K3B I get the following message :

System configuration problem.
Unable to find cdrskin executable.
K3B uses cdrskin in place of cdrecord.
Solution : Install the libburn package which contains cdrskin.

Question : How to manage and what is the essence of the problem ?

Burning CD's and DVD's works fine.

Kind Regards ,

Ger van Dijck.

Re: Problem with K3B.

François Patte-2
Le 04/08/2017 à 18:43, Ger van Dijck a écrit :

> Hi Everybody ,
>

> When starting K3B I get the following message :
>
> System configuration problem.
> Unable to find cdrskin executable.
> K3B uses cdrskin in place of cdrecord.
> Solution : Install the libburn package which contains cdrskin.
>
> Question : How to manage and what is the essence of the problem ?
dnf info libburn

read. Then

dnf install libburn

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique

Re: Problem with K3B.

Ger van Dijck
On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 19:37:10 +0200, François Patte
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 04/08/2017 à 18:43, Ger van Dijck a écrit :
>> Hi Everybody ,
>>

>> When starting K3B I get the following message :
>>
>> System configuration problem.
>> Unable to find cdrskin executable.
>> K3B uses cdrskin in place of cdrecord.
>> Solution : Install the libburn package which contains cdrskin.
>>
>> Question : How to manage and what is the essence of the problem ?
>
> dnf info libburn
>
> read. Then
>
> dnf install libburn

Bonjour cher Francois ,

I did install libburn but the errors message remains .

How farther ?

Ger van Dijck.

Re: Problem with K3B.

Louis Lagendijk-2
On Sat, 2017-08-05 at 14:30 +0200, Ger van Dijck wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Aug 2017 19:37:10 +0200, François Patte
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Le 04/08/2017 à 18:43, Ger van Dijck a écrit :
> > > Hi Everybody ,
> > >

> > > When starting K3B I get the following message :
> > >
> > > System configuration problem.
> > > Unable to find cdrskin executable.
> > > K3B uses cdrskin in place of cdrecord.
> > > Solution : Install the libburn package which contains cdrskin.
> > >
> > > Question : How to manage and what is the essence of the problem ?
> >
> > dnf info libburn
> >
> > read. Then
> >
> > dnf install libburn
> >

> Bonjour cher Francois ,
>
> I did install libburn but the errors message remains .
>

> How farther ?

Simple, as root:
dnf install cdrskin

/Louis

Re: Problem with K3B.

Alessio Ciregia
On Aug 4, 2017 19:25, "Ger van Dijck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everybody ,

When starting K3B I get the following message :

System configuration problem.
Unable to find cdrskin executable.
K3B uses cdrskin in place of cdrecord.
Solution : Install the libburn package which contains cdrskin.

I opened a bug some time ago: