NFS not connecting -

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
43 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
.

Due to failure of a 3TB Seagate hard drive (DOM 28 April 2019) i am
rebuilding the server again, this time with no backup to refer to. I am
trying to work from references found searching google, my notes were in
the server. I think what I have should work even if not optimal but /am
unable to get connected from this client which has always worked with
the NFS.
/

/I have tried the various checks/rests and so far the only thing that
looks significant Is:
/

[bobg@Workstation-1 ~]$ showmount -e 192.168.2.128
clnt_create: RPC: Unable to receive

This computer's fstab has the line:   192.168.2.128:home1 /media/nfs   
nfs4 rw,soft,intr,fg,comment=systemd.automount  0 0

And at the server exports is:

[bobg@NFS-Server ~]$ cat /etc/exports
/nfs4exports/home1
192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

/nfs4exports/data
192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

My mount command:  [root@Workstation-1 bobg]# mount 192.168.2.128:home1 
/media/nfs

Also, ssh and sftp both work from this box and from the NFS box, both
are updated Fedora31 systems.  i am uncertain of what should be in fstab
and exports but planned on refining that once things work.

Help, suggestions please?

Bob





--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Patrick O'Callaghan-2
On Sat, 2019-12-07 at 11:30 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> .
>
> Due to failure of a 3TB Seagate hard drive (DOM 28 April 2019) i am
> rebuilding the server again, this time with no backup to refer to. I am
> trying to work from references found searching google, my notes were in
> the server. I think what I have should work even if not optimal but /am
> unable to get connected from this client which has always worked with
> the NFS.
> /
>
> /I have tried the various checks/rests and so far the only thing that
> looks significant Is:
> /
>
> [bobg@Workstation-1 ~]$ showmount -e 192.168.2.128
> clnt_create: RPC: Unable to receive
>
> This computer's fstab has the line:   192.168.2.128:home1 /media/nfs    
> nfs4 rw,soft,intr,fg,comment=systemd.automount  0 0
>
> And at the server exports is:
>
> [bobg@NFS-Server ~]$ cat /etc/exports
> /nfs4exports/home1
> 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>
> /nfs4exports/data
> 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>
> My mount command:  [root@Workstation-1 bobg]# mount 192.168.2.128:home1  
> /media/nfs
>
> Also, ssh and sftp both work from this box and from the NFS box, both
> are updated Fedora31 systems.  i am uncertain of what should be in fstab
> and exports but planned on refining that once things work.
>
> Help, suggestions please?

Could be a firewall issue. Check the output of:

$ firewall-cmd --list-all

IIRC it should include nfs, nfs3, mountd and rpc-bind.

poc
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail

On 2019-12-07 12:02, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Could be a firewall issue. Check the output of:
>
> $ firewall-cmd --list-all
>
> IIRC it should include nfs, nfs3, mountd and rpc-bind.
>
> poc

I should have said I tried stopping the firewall and selinux
individually. I am seeing the following:

[root@Workstation-1 bobg]# firewall-cmd --list-all
public (active)
   target: default
   icmp-block-inversion: no
   interfaces: eno1
   sources:
   services: dhcpv6-client mdns ssh
   ports:
   protocols:
   masquerade: no
   forward-ports:
   source-ports:
   icmp-blocks:
   rich rules:

And -

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# firewall-cmd --list-all
public (active)
   target: default
   icmp-block-inversion: no
   interfaces: enp1s0
   sources:
   services: dhcpv6-client mdns ssh
   ports:
   protocols:
   masquerade: no
   forward-ports:
   source-ports:
   icmp-blocks:
   rich rules:

I'm not certain what to look for but I don't see anything I recognize
that says"no NFS"

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Tim Evans-2
In reply to this post by Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
On 12/7/19 11:30 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> This computer's fstab has the line:   192.168.2.128:home1 /media/nfs
> nfs4 rw,soft,intr,fg,comment=systemd.automount  0 0
>
> And at the server exports is:
>
> [bobg@NFS-Server ~]$ cat /etc/exports
> /nfs4exports/home1
> 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>
> /nfs4exports/data
> 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>
> My mount command:  [root@Workstation-1 bobg]# mount 192.168.2.128:home1
> /media/nfs
>

Wouldn't this be?

mount 192.168.2.128:/nfs4exports/home1 /media/nfs




--
Tim Evans |5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864 |Owings Mills, MD 21117
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Patrick O'Callaghan-2
In reply to this post by Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
On Sat, 2019-12-07 at 12:20 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I'm not certain what to look for but I don't see anything I recognize
> that says"no NFS"

You're not seeing anything that says "allow NFS", which means that it's
blocked. The services line shows what should be let through.

poc
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail

On 2019-12-07 13:14, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> You're not seeing anything that says "allow NFS", which means that it's
> blocked. The services line shows what should be let through.

.

Well I am lost in the Firewalld GUI  with connections and zones,
permanent seems obvious, but I will have to learn more there. However
I've changed nothing in Firewalld in this computer and it did work
through the firewall just a few days ago, as I said I tried stopping it
and setting selinux to permissive, neither made any difference.


--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Joe Zeff-2
On 12/07/2019 11:58 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Well I am lost in the Firewalld GUI  with connections and zones,
> permanent seems obvious, but I will have to learn more there. However
> I've changed nothing in Firewalld in this computer and it did work
> through the firewall just a few days ago, as I said I tried stopping it
> and setting selinux to permissive, neither made any difference.

Were you getting SELinux alerts?  If not, it wasn't the issue, so why
did you think setting it to permissive would help?
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
In reply to this post by Tim Evans-2

On 2019-12-07 12:51, Tim Evans wrote:
>
> Wouldn't this be?
>
> mount 192.168.2.128:/nfs4exports/home1 /media/nfs

.

No, that doesn't connect either but I can't make any sense of my server
files, think I have something wrong there ...  the home1 looks like the
problem area.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
In reply to this post by Joe Zeff-2

On 2019-12-07 14:09, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Were you getting SELinux alerts?  If not, it wasn't the issue, so why
> did you think setting it to permissive would help?

.

I did not think it would help but there's always someone who suggests
stopping selinux. I never see any problems with it since most of the
things are

in the realm of the ordinary.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Samuel Sieb
In reply to this post by Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
On 12/7/19 8:30 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> [bobg@Workstation-1 ~]$ showmount -e 192.168.2.128
> clnt_create: RPC: Unable to receive

Is that the IP address of the NFS server or Workstation-1?

> This computer's fstab has the line:   192.168.2.128:home1 /media/nfs
> nfs4 rw,soft,intr,fg,comment=systemd.automount  0 0
>
> And at the server exports is:
>
> [bobg@NFS-Server ~]$ cat /etc/exports
> /nfs4exports/home1
> 192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>
> My mount command:  [root@Workstation-1 bobg]# mount 192.168.2.128:home1
> /media/nfs

As Tim said, this should be:
mount 192.168.2.128:/nfs4exports/home1 /media/nfs

Any firewall issues would be on the server, not the client side.  On the
server you could try running "systemctl firewalld stop" to test that.  I
don't know if NFS is default enabled, but probably not.
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail

On 2019-12-07 15:19, Samuel Sieb wrote:
>> [bobg@Workstation-1 ~]$ showmount -e 192.168.2.128
>> clnt_create: RPC: Unable to receive
>
> Is that the IP address of the NFS server or Workstation-1?

.

192.168.2.128 is the nfs server.


>
> As Tim said, this should be:
> mount 192.168.2.128:/nfs4exports/home1 /media/nfs

.

Well it appears there must be something wrong with my server files
installation. /nfs4exports does not lead to /home1 or /home? nfs4exports
is part of /etc/exports:

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# cat /etc/exports
/nfs4exports/home1
192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

/nfs4exports/data
192.168.2.0/24(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

U followed an admin. Guide to installing NFS and this is what resulted.
I think something went wrong and I may have to start over ...



--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Samuel Sieb
On 12/7/19 1:13 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Well it appears there must be something wrong with my server files
> installation. /nfs4exports does not lead to /home1 or /home? nfs4exports
> is part of /etc/exports:

Being in the /etc/exports file doesn't make a directory exist.  Where is
the directory that you want to share located in the server filesystem?

Are there any messages in the log from NFS?  Try running "systemctl
status nfs".
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Patrick O'Callaghan-2
In reply to this post by Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
On Sat, 2019-12-07 at 13:58 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> On 2019-12-07 13:14, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > You're not seeing anything that says "allow NFS", which means that it's
> > blocked. The services line shows what should be let through.
>
> .
>
> Well I am lost in the Firewalld GUI  with connections and zones,
> permanent seems obvious, but I will have to learn more there. However
> I've changed nothing in Firewalld in this computer and it did work
> through the firewall just a few days ago, as I said I tried stopping it
> and setting selinux to permissive, neither made any difference.

Note that the GUI is not 100% reliable, i.e. it can misrepresent what
is actually configured.

See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1773273

Also, try "firewall-cmd --get-active-zones" and "... --get-default-
zone" to make sure you're looking at the right thing.

poc
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
In reply to this post by Samuel Sieb

On 2019-12-07 16:17, Samuel Sieb wrote:

> On 12/7/19 1:13 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> Well it appears there must be something wrong with my server files
>> installation. /nfs4exports does not lead to /home1 or /home?
>> nfs4exports is part of /etc/exports:
>
> Being in the /etc/exports file doesn't make a directory exist. Where
> is the directory that you want to share located in the server filesystem?
>
> Are there any messages in the log from NFS?  Try running "systemctl
> status nfs".
> ____________

.

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# systemctl status nfs
Unit nfs.service could not be found.

So I did these steps again:

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# systemctl enable rpcbind

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# systemctl enable nfs-server

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# service rpcbind start

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start rpcbind.service

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# service nfs-server start

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start nfs-server.service
Job for nfs-server.service canceled.

Looks like something is wrong here, job cancelled?

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# systemctl status nfs
Unit nfs.service could not be found





--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
In reply to this post by Patrick O'Callaghan-2

On 2019-12-07 17:19, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Note that the GUI is not 100% reliable, i.e. it can misrepresent what
> is actually configured.
>
> Seehttps://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1773273
>
> Also, try "firewall-cmd --get-active-zones" and "... --get-default-
> zone" to make sure you're looking at the right thing.
>
> poc

.

Did this:

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
public
   interfaces: enp1s0

Dunno what to do with "... --get-default-zone"

However enp1s0 connects to my LAN so I assume that is what is needed?


--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Ed Greshko
On 2019-12-08 07:17, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>
> On 2019-12-07 17:19, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> Note that the GUI is not 100% reliable, i.e. it can misrepresent what
>> is actually configured.
>>
>> Seehttps://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1773273
>>
>> Also, try "firewall-cmd --get-active-zones" and "... --get-default-
>> zone" to make sure you're looking at the right thing.
>>
>> poc
>
> .
>
> Did this:
>
> [root@NFS-Server bobg]# firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
> public
>   interfaces: enp1s0
>
> Dunno what to do with "... --get-default-zone"
>
> However enp1s0 connects to my LAN so I assume that is what is needed?
>
>

I know I am late to the party.  I have a new VM install of F31.  So, with that in mind "f31K" is the server
and "meimei" is the client.

*BEFORE*

[root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
public
  interfaces: enp1s0

[root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --info-zone=public
public (active)
  target: default
  icmp-block-inversion: no
  interfaces: enp1s0
  sources:
  services: dhcpv6-client mdns ssh
  ports:
  protocols:
  masquerade: no
  forward-ports:
  source-ports:
  icmp-blocks:
  rich rules:

I have no services enabled or running other than the default.  (I will not use nfs3)

So......

[root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=nfs
success
[root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=mountd
success
[root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=rpc-bind
success
[root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --runtime-to-permanent
success
[root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --reload
success

*NOW AFTER*

[root@f31k ~]# firewall-cmd --info-zone=public
public (active)
  target: default
  icmp-block-inversion: no
  interfaces: enp1s0
  sources:
  services: dhcpv6-client mdns mountd nfs rpc-bind ssh
  ports:
  protocols:
  masquerade: no
  forward-ports:
  source-ports:
  icmp-blocks:
  rich rules:

I entered what I need in "exports".  So, here we go....

[root@f31k ~]# cat /etc/exports
/home/egreshko  192.168.0.0/16(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
/home/egreshko  2001:B030:112F:0000::/56(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

[root@f31k ~]# exportfs -a
[root@f31k ~]#

Enable and start the nfs-server in one go.  This will enable any other services needed by nfs-server

[root@f31k ~]# systemctl --now enable nfs-server
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs-server.service → /usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service.

Then on the client.....

[root@meimei ~]# showmount -e f31k
Export list for f31k:
/home/egreshko 2001:B030:112F:0000::/56,192.168.0.0/16

[root@meimei ~]# mount f31k:/home/egreshko /mnt
Created symlink /run/systemd/system/remote-fs.target.wants/rpc-statd.service → /usr/lib/systemd/system/rpc-statd.service.
[root@meimei ~]#

And.....

[root@meimei ~]# mount f31k:/home/egreshko /mnt
[root@meimei ~]# ls /mnt
Desktop  Documents  Downloads  flash  Music  Pictures  Public  Templates  Videos

Done....



--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Samuel Sieb
In reply to this post by Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
On 12/7/19 2:54 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>
> On 2019-12-07 16:17, Samuel Sieb wrote:
>> On 12/7/19 1:13 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>> Well it appears there must be something wrong with my server files
>>> installation. /nfs4exports does not lead to /home1 or /home?
>>> nfs4exports is part of /etc/exports:
>>
>> Being in the /etc/exports file doesn't make a directory exist. Where
>> is the directory that you want to share located in the server filesystem?
>>
>> Are there any messages in the log from NFS?  Try running "systemctl
>> status nfs".
>> ____________
>
> .
>
> [root@NFS-Server bobg]# systemctl status nfs
> Unit nfs.service could not be found.

Sorry, on my server (F30) nfs appears to be an alias.  Just run
"systemctl status nfs-server" instead.

> [root@NFS-Server bobg]# service rpcbind start
>
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start rpcbind.service
>
> [root@NFS-Server bobg]# service nfs-server start
>
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start nfs-server.service
> Job for nfs-server.service canceled.

The "service" command is obsolete and shouldn't be used unless you have
something really old running.
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
In reply to this post by Ed Greshko

On 2019-12-07 18:55, Ed Greshko wrote:
> So......
>
> [root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=nfs
> success
> [root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=mountd
> success
> [root@f31k etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=rpc-bind

.

Followed you to here:

[root@NFS-Server bobg]#
[root@NFS-Server bobg]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=nfs
success
[root@NFS-Server bobg]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=mountd
success
[root@NFS-Server bobg]# etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public
--add-service=rpc-bind
bash: etc]#: command not found

Then this step fails?


--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Ed Greshko
On 2019-12-08 09:11, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> [root@NFS-Server bobg]# etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=rpc-bind
> bash: etc]#: command not found
>
> Then this step fails?

You have copied/pasted in error.

You pasted "etc]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=rpc-bind "

You want

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service=rpc-bind

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NFS not connecting -

Bob Goodwin-Fastmail
In reply to this post by Ed Greshko

On 2019-12-07 18:55, Ed Greshko wrote:
> [root@f31k ~]# cat /etc/exports
> /home/egreshko  192.168.0.0/16(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
> /home/egreshko  2001:B030:112F:0000::/56(rw,sync,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>
> [root@f31k ~]# exportfs -a

.

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# exportfs -a
exportfs: Failed to stat /nfs4exports/home: No such file or directory

Ok, I have been able to get this far before another failure. It may be
time to fix my /etc/exports.

[root@NFS-Server bobg]# exportfs -a
exportfs: Failed to stat /nfs4exports/home: No such file or directory

I will have to come back to this point in the morning and will report
then. The help is very much appreciated,

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia,
Fedora Linux-31 XFCE
_______________________________________________
users mailing list -- [hidden email]
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
List Archives: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@...
123