Message to a list subscriber failed

jd1008

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:32:07 +0200 (CEST)
From: Mail Delivery System <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

Apparently, the list server was not able to send a post to a subscribed
member.
Perhaps the admin of this list can do something about it.

This is the mail system at host server02.home.

                    The mail system

<[hidden email]>  (expanded from <jakub@localhost>): maildir delivery
     failed: create maildir file
     /home/jakub/Maildir/tmp/1497083527.P5435.server02.home: Permission denied

Reporting-MTA: dns; server02.home
Arrival-Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:32:07 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[hidden email]
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; maildir delivery failed: create maildir file
     /home/jakub/Maildir/tmp/1497083527.P5435.server02.home: Permission denied

ForwardedMessage.eml

Re: Wammu questions
From:
JD <[hidden email]>
Date:
06/08/2017 08:40 PM

To:
Community support for Fedora users <[hidden email]>

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:58 PM, Rick Stevens <[hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

    On 06/08/2017 03:45 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
     > On 06/09/17 05:12, JD wrote:
     >> I want to copy over from old phone to new phone the call log and the
     >> SMS messages.
     >>
     >> Thanx for any help.
     >>
     >> PS: I tried to use kde connect
     >
     >
     > I use KDE connect quite frequently.  It is good and works well for
     > what/how it is designed.  It is designed to...
     >
     > - Shared clipboard: copy and paste between your devices.
     > - Share files and URLs to your computer from any app, without wires.
     > - Virtual touchpad: Use your phone screen as your computer's
    touchpad.
     > - Notifications sync (4.3+): Read your Android notifications from the
     > desktop.
     > - Multimedia remote control: Use your phone as a remote for Linux
    media
     > players.
     > - WiFi connection: no USB wire or bluetooth needed.
     > - End-to-end TLS encryption: your information is safe.
     >
     > It is also integrated quite nicely with Dolphin on KDE allowing
    you GUI
     > access to the phone's file system to selectively download
    pictures and such.

     > It doesn't have the ability to do what you're attempting.

    The SMS data is in a protected directory on Android phones. I believe
    the call logs are as well. Unless your phone is rooted, you won't have
    access to them. There are utilities out there in Android-land that will
    let you back up SMS data and call logs, or you can root your device.

     >From what I can remember, the SMS data is in

             /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db

    on the phone. Unless you're rooted, /data reports as an empty directory.
    Android is essentially saying "Nah, it isn't empty, but you ain't root
    so you can't see what's here. So there! Nyah! Thhpt!" <insert emoji
    with a thumbed nose here>

    There are times I absolutely hate Android. It's my phone. I should be
    able to do what I want with it. Why the hell can't I move stuff to and
    from my SD card as I see fit? Truly annoying.

This web site
https://www.maketecheasier.com/airdroid-connect-android-phone-to-linux/
says you can
# See Messages and Call logs
​ Not sure if that means I would be able to copy them to linux.

    - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, AllDigital [hidden email]
    <mailto:[hidden email]> -
    - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 226437340  Yahoo: origrps2 -
    -             -
    -     The trouble with troubleshooting is that trouble sometimes     -
    -                             shoots back.              -
    <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Message to a list subscriber failed

Joe Zeff-2
On 06/11/2017 11:47 AM, JD wrote:
> <[hidden email]>  (expanded from <jakub@localhost>): maildir delivery
>      failed: create maildir file
>      /home/jakub/Maildir/tmp/1497083527.P5435.server02.home: Permission
> denied

Nothing wrong with the list software.  That's an invalid address.

On 06/11/2017 12:56 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/11/2017 11:47 AM, JD wrote:
>> <[hidden email]>  (expanded from <jakub@localhost>): maildir
>> delivery
>>      failed: create maildir file
>>      /home/jakub/Maildir/tmp/1497083527.P5435.server02.home:
>> Permission denied
>
> Nothing wrong with the list software.  That's an invalid address.
I agree it is an invalid address, but how is it that the listserver even
attempted
to send to this "subscriber"?

I have no idea who this subscriber is, and I NEVER aimed the message at
this subscriber.

On 06/11/2017 12:07 PM, JD wrote:

> On 06/11/2017 12:56 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 06/11/2017 11:47 AM, JD wrote:
>>> <[hidden email]>  (expanded from <jakub@localhost>): maildir
>>> delivery
>>>      failed: create maildir file
>>>      /home/jakub/Maildir/tmp/1497083527.P5435.server02.home:
>>> Permission denied
>>
>> Nothing wrong with the list software.  That's an invalid address.
> I agree it is an invalid address, but how is it that the listserver even
> attempted
> to send to this "subscriber"?
>
> I have no idea who this subscriber is, and I NEVER aimed the message at
> this subscriber.

I don't know.  It's possible that somebody's using that as their Reply
To: address to prevent people from emailing them directly.

Re: Message to a list subscriber failed

Samuel Sieb
On 06/11/2017 12:07 PM, JD wrote:

> On 06/11/2017 12:56 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 06/11/2017 11:47 AM, JD wrote:
>>> <[hidden email]>  (expanded from <jakub@localhost>): maildir
>>> delivery
>>>      failed: create maildir file
>>>      /home/jakub/Maildir/tmp/1497083527.P5435.server02.home:
>>> Permission denied
>>
>> Nothing wrong with the list software.  That's an invalid address.
> I agree it is an invalid address, but how is it that the listserver even
> attempted
> to send to this "subscriber"?
>
> I have no idea who this subscriber is, and I NEVER aimed the message at
> this subscriber.

It appears that someone has a private email server that maps their
public email address to an internal name, but the server is
misconfigured in some way.  I got several of these messages as well.  I
suspect that's because the mailing list puts your address as the
reply-to now.