Install to hard-disk option missing in custom livecd

Install to hard-disk option missing in custom livecd

kala-2
Dear friends
I had made a custom live cd with fedora 9 with packages from a fedora-9-dvd.iso and it worked like a charm with option which installs to hard disk and now i have tried similar with F11 with packages from fedora-11-dvd.iso , it also worked but the " install to hard disk " option is missing , I am sure that i have missed a particular package, can you please tell me the list of packages ( main + deps) which allows me to enable this option

with regards
kala bharath

Re: Install to hard-disk option missing in custom livecd

Bruno Wolff III
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 03:31:30 -0400,
  kala <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear friends
> I had made a custom live cd with fedora 9 with packages from a
> fedora-9-dvd.iso and it worked like a charm with option which installs to
> hard disk and now i have tried similar with F11 with packages from
> fedora-11-dvd.iso , it also worked but the " install to hard disk " option
> is missing , I am sure that i have missed a particular package, can you
> please tell me the list of packages ( main + deps) which allows me to enable
> this option

How are you building the image? If you use livecd-creator and use a ks file
that eventually includes fedora-live-base.ks you should get that feature.

Re: Install to hard-disk option missing in custom livecd

Bruno Wolff III
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:48:59 -0400,
  kala <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes i did it in that way only, it didnt work :-(
> kala bharath

You should get a desktop icon, but if you don't and just need to install,
you can run liveinst from a shell.
liveinst comes from anaconda, so it pretty much has to be there.