How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix

Bruno Wolff III
I want to make a custom games spin remix with a few of the games icons
on the desktop to make them easier to start. Is there documentation that
shows how to do this or can summary give me a brief summary of how to do
this?
Thanks.

--
Fedora-livecd-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix

Jane Dogalt

On f11, look at /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst.sh

Something else you could do is have a folder of launchers start up automatically.  Just an idle thought...

-dmc


--- On Wed, 7/1/09, Bruno Wolff III <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: Bruno Wolff III <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Fedora-livecd-list] How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 12:09 PM
> I want to make a custom games spin
> remix with a few of the games icons
> on the desktop to make them easier to start. Is there
> documentation that
> shows how to do this or can summary give me a brief summary
> of how to do
> this?
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Fedora-livecd-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list
>


     

--
Fedora-livecd-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix

Bruno Wolff III
On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:17:20 -0700,
  Jane Dogalt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On f11, look at /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst.sh
>
> Something else you could do is have a folder of launchers start up automatically.  Just an idle thought...

Thanks I'll take a look at that. An example should be enough to get me started.

--
Fedora-livecd-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix

Bruno Wolff III
In reply to this post by Jane Dogalt
On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:17:20 -0700,
  Jane Dogalt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On f11, look at /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst.sh
>
> Something else you could do is have a folder of launchers start up automatically.  Just an idle thought...

It looks like this will work, but I screwed up my first test with incorrect
quoting and stuff got substituted during the build instead of during boot.
When I get it working I'll post a sample.

--
Fedora-livecd-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix

Bruno Wolff III
In reply to this post by Jane Dogalt
On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:17:20 -0700,
  Jane Dogalt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On f11, look at /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst.sh
>
> Something else you could do is have a folder of launchers start up automatically.  Just an idle thought...

This worked. I just needed to append to that file in the %post section.
Below is an example that tweaks the games spin.

# Custom games spin that defines rpmfusion and livna repositories
# and includes some media codecs and tools for playing dvds
# and colossus, including a desktop icon for it.

%include /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-livedvd-games.ks

repo --name=released --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/releases/11/Everything/$basearch/os/
repo --name=updates --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/updates/11/$basearch/
repo --name=f11-updates-testing --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/updates/testing/11/$basearch/
repo --name=free --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/free/fedora/releases/11/Everything/$basearch/os/
repo --name=free-updates --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/free/fedora/updates/11/$basearch/
repo --name=free-updates-testing --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/free/fedora/updates/testing/11/$basearch/
repo --name=nonfree --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/nonfree/fedora/releases/11/Everything/$basearch/os/
repo --name=nonfree-updates --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/nonfree/fedora/updates/11/$basearch/
repo --name=nonfree-updates-testing --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/nonfree/fedora/updates/testing/11/$basearch/
repo --name=livna --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/livna/repo/11/$basearch/
repo --name=local --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/local/

%packages

# Colossus isn't on the games spin yet
colossus

# rpm fusion
rpmfusion-nonfree-release
rpmfusion-free-release
gstreamer-plugins-ugly
gstreamer-plugins-bad
gstreamer-ffmpeg
xine-lib-extras-freeworld

# Livna
livna-release
libdvdcss
libdvdcss-devel

# kernel-devel is needed by kmod-nvidia-96xx
kernel-devel

%post

# Put some games on the desktop
cat <<'EOF' >> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst.sh
if [ `grep -c Geode /proc/cpuinfo` -eq 0 ]; then
  if [ -b /dev/live-osimg ]; then
    cp /usr/share/applications/colossus.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-wesnoth.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-freecol.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-freeciv.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-warzone2100.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-tremulous.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-alienarena.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
  elif [ -f /.livecd-configured ]; then  # FIXME: old way... this should go away
    cp /usr/share/applications/colossus.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/wesnoth.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-freecol.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-freeciv.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-warzone2100.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-tremulous.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
    cp /usr/share/applications/fedora-alienarena.desktop "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
  fi
fi
EOF

%end

--
Fedora-livecd-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix

Jane Dogalt
In reply to this post by Bruno Wolff III

Actually, what you want to do is create a new file instead of appending to that one.  That is one of those '.d' directories, where you can have lots of files, each one doing a specific thing.  In this case, the liveinst one is owned by anaconda, and only meant to control the liveinst icon that gets added to the desktop.  I'd go with >> zz-gamestuffs.sh or whatever.  I assume the zz has something to do with being processed in alpha-sort order, so I'd keep that prefix.

-dmc


--- On Fri, 7/3/09, Bruno Wolff III <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From: Bruno Wolff III <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] How to add icons to desktop for a custom remix
> To: "Jane Dogalt" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 10:46 AM
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:17:20
> -0700,
>   Jane Dogalt <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On f11, look at
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst.sh
> >
> > Something else you could do is have a folder of
> launchers start up automatically.  Just an idle
> thought...
>
> This worked. I just needed to append to that file in the
> %post section.
> Below is an example that tweaks the games spin.
>
> # Custom games spin that defines rpmfusion and livna
> repositories
> # and includes some media codecs and tools for playing
> dvds
> # and colossus, including a desktop icon for it.
>
> %include
> /usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-livedvd-games.ks
>
> repo --name=released
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/releases/11/Everything/$basearch/os/
> repo --name=updates
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/updates/11/$basearch/
> repo --name=f11-updates-testing
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/updates/testing/11/$basearch/
> repo --name=free
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/free/fedora/releases/11/Everything/$basearch/os/
> repo --name=free-updates
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/free/fedora/updates/11/$basearch/
> repo --name=free-updates-testing
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/free/fedora/updates/testing/11/$basearch/
> repo --name=nonfree
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/nonfree/fedora/releases/11/Everything/$basearch/os/
> repo --name=nonfree-updates
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/nonfree/fedora/updates/11/$basearch/
> repo --name=nonfree-updates-testing
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/nonfree/fedora/updates/testing/11/$basearch/
> repo --name=livna
> --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/livna/repo/11/$basearch/
> repo --name=local --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/local/
>
> %packages
>
> # Colossus isn't on the games spin yet
> colossus
>
> # rpm fusion
> rpmfusion-nonfree-release
> rpmfusion-free-release
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly
> gstreamer-plugins-bad
> gstreamer-ffmpeg
> xine-lib-extras-freeworld
>
> # Livna
> livna-release
> libdvdcss
> libdvdcss-devel
>
> # kernel-devel is needed by kmod-nvidia-96xx
> kernel-devel
>
> %post
>
> # Put some games on the desktop
> cat <<'EOF' >>
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/zz-liveinst.sh
> if [ `grep -c Geode /proc/cpuinfo` -eq 0 ]; then
>   if [ -b /dev/live-osimg ]; then
>     cp /usr/share/applications/colossus.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-wesnoth.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-freecol.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-freeciv.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-warzone2100.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-tremulous.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-alienarena.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>   elif [ -f /.livecd-configured ]; then  # FIXME:
> old way... this should go away
>     cp /usr/share/applications/colossus.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp /usr/share/applications/wesnoth.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-freecol.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-freeciv.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-warzone2100.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-tremulous.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>     cp
> /usr/share/applications/fedora-alienarena.desktop
> "${XDG_DESKTOP_DIR:-$HOME/Desktop}"
>   fi
> fi
> EOF
>
> %end
>


     

--
Fedora-livecd-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list