F12 DVD doesn't have anaconda-runtime

Jasper Hartline
When using livecd-tools and a mounted DVD of F12 as a repository in my kickstart file
livecd-creator dies when anaconda-runtime is not found. Is there a reason for this?
How will I use a F12 DVD as a repository to eliminate using the network as a repository source
when anaconda-runtime isn't found on the DVD that is being used?

Thanks.

Re: F12 DVD doesn't have anaconda-runtime

Jeroen van Meeuwen-2

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 02:30:11 -0700, Jasper Hartline
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> When using livecd-tools and a mounted DVD of F12 as a repository in my
> kickstart file
> livecd-creator dies when anaconda-runtime is not found. Is there a reason
> for this?
> How will I use a F12 DVD as a repository to eliminate using the network
as
> repository source
> when anaconda-runtime isn't found on the DVD that is being used?

The anaconda compose process for installation media does not require it's
dependencies to be in the media payload anymore, as it can now take a set
of repository baseurls and mirrorlists and get its dependencies from there.

Hence, some or most of the requirements of a compose process are not in the
resulting media.

-- Jeroen

Re: F12 DVD doesn't have anaconda-runtime

Jasper Hartline
Using multiple repo designations in the kickstart file
works to satisfy the dependant anaconda-runtime required
to build the Live media when using a mounted F12 DVD ISO file
locally. It only needed to fetch a few packages from the network
using the kickstart file provided with the livecd-tools package.

repo --name=local --baseurl=file:///mnt/iso
repo --name=network --baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/12/Everything/i386/os/