Building i386 images on a x86_64 machine

Building i386 images on a x86_64 machine

Philip Rhoades-2
People,

I have some ks files that seem to be working in terms of building images
but I have problems booting the resulting i386 images both using CD/USB
and as virtual machines with qemu.

I have set up the repo happily eg:

repo --name=released
--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-13&arch=i386

but is there another command that is required in the ks file to tell
livecd-creator to build an i386 image instead of a x86_64 image?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: Building i386 images on a x86_64 machine

Bruno Wolff III
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:58:36 +1000,
  Philip Rhoades <[hidden email]> wrote:

> People,
>
> I have some ks files that seem to be working in terms of building images
> but I have problems booting the resulting i386 images both using CD/USB
> and as virtual machines with qemu.
>
> I have set up the repo happily eg:
>
> repo --name=released
> --mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-13&arch=i386
>
> but is there another command that is required in the ks file to tell
> livecd-creator to build an i386 image instead of a x86_64 image?

I think you need to use mock to get this to work for livecd-creator.

There has been some work on a biarch script that may give some hints on
other ways to do this.