Anyone using Anydesk or could test it ?

sixpack13
Hallo

is anyone using Anydesk or could test it ?

https://anydesk.com/en/downloads/linux

since the F31-updates during the last week I'm unable to work with anydesk anymore.
I'm using Xorg not wayland.

Problem:
During the start of an connection a completely blank dialog box pops up.
Usually it's an dialog to allow the connection attempt on the remote box.

Connection  between F31 =>  Windows works.
Connection  between F31 <=  Windows does not !
Connections between F31 <=> F31 do not !

It is sufficing to try a F31 connection to the *same* machine to see to empty dialog box.

Does anyone know to debug this ?
Against which component should I fill a bug report ?

P.S.
This comment may appear twice in this list, so please ignore.
The first one somehow seems to be got lost ?!
it was created and send from thunderbird to [hidden email]

Re: Anyone using Anydesk or could test it ?

Eric Tsingos
Had the same issue, blank window & freeze.
The workaround I found was to use Anydesk Flatpak, seems to work OK!
Cheers,

On 04.12.19 11:09, Eric Tsingos wrote:
> Had the same issue, blank window & freeze.
> The workaround I found was to use Anydesk Flatpak, seems to work OK!
> Cheers,

Thanks for testing and findings.

Care to tell which anydesk version you are running ?

anyway I tried to install it from flatpak, but the anydesk repo make
some trouble. so I currently can't test anydesk from flatpak.

I guess it's cause of an new anydesk release (5.5.1) from today

https://anydesk.com/en/downloads/linux

--
sixpack13

Re: Anyone using Anydesk or could test it ?

Anthony F McInerney

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 16:24, sixpack13 <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 04.12.19 11:09, Eric Tsingos wrote:
> Had the same issue, blank window & freeze.
> The workaround I found was to use Anydesk Flatpak, seems to work OK!
> Cheers,

Thanks for testing and findings.

Care to tell which anydesk version you are running ?

anyway I tried to install it from flatpak, but the anydesk repo make
some trouble. so I currently can't test anydesk from flatpak.

I guess it's cause of an new anydesk release (5.5.1) from today

https://anydesk.com/en/downloads/linux

Last working version for me is 5.1.2 .
Been over the readme requirements, etc, all seems in order. Nothing immediately obvious troubleshooting wise.
Probably best to file a bug with anydesk.

On 06.12.19 06:14, Anthony F McInerney wrote:

> Last working version for me is 5.1.2 .
> Been over the readme requirements, etc, all seems in order. Nothing
> immediately obvious troubleshooting wise.
> Probably best to file a bug with anydesk.

got a 5.5.1 from here:

https://github.com/flathub/com.anydesk.Anydesk/pull/24

see the last comment/command.

Bug/mail was filled, but no response so far.

Thanks.

--
sixpack13

Re: Anyone using Anydesk or could test it ?

Eric Tsingos
Installed Anydesk 5.5.1 Flatpak today on Fc31LxQt all good!  :)
https://i.postimg.cc/3w1Xckxh/Screenshot-from-2019-12-13-17-31-41.png