ASUS VivoBook Pro N705FD Notebook - boots to setup screen every time

ASUS VivoBook Pro N705FD Notebook - boots to setup screen every time

S.Bob
All;

I've managed to install Fedora 31 on a new ASUS VivoBook Pro N705FD
Notebook. I've run a full dnf update. Every time I boot it boots to the
setup screen (the one you see at first boot), then the mouse goes away
and it hangs for like 2 minutes. Then it goes to the login screen and
the mouse is back.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? how t debug it?

I get the  same results with Fedora 30

Thanks

Re: ASUS VivoBook Pro N705FD Notebook - boots to setup screen every time

Ed Greshko
On 2019-12-07 14:45, S.Bob wrote:
> I've managed to install Fedora 31 on a new ASUS VivoBook Pro N705FD Notebook. I've run a full dnf update. Every time I boot it boots to the setup screen (the one you see at first boot), then the mouse goes away and it hangs for like 2 minutes. Then it goes to the login screen and the mouse is back.
>

> Anyone have any ideas what this could be? how t debug it?
>

> I get the  same results with Fedora 30

You are saying that after this happens you get to the login screen and can login and used the system, yes?

Assuming that is the case, what is the output of

systemctl status systemd-firstboot.service

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.

On 12/7/19 12:15 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 2019-12-07 14:45, S.Bob wrote:
>> I've managed to install Fedora 31 on a new ASUS VivoBook Pro N705FD Notebook. I've run a full dnf update. Every time I boot it boots to the setup screen (the one you see at first boot), then the mouse goes away and it hangs for like 2 minutes. Then it goes to the login screen and the mouse is back.
>>

>> Anyone have any ideas what this could be? how t debug it?
>>

>> I get the  same results with Fedora 30
> You are saying that after this happens you get to the login screen and can login and used the system, yes?
>
> Assuming that is the case, what is the output of
>
> systemctl status systemd-firstboot.service

# systemctl status systemd-firstboot.service
● systemd-firstboot.service - First Boot Wizard
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-firstboot.service;
static>
    Active: inactive (dead)
Condition: start condition failed at Sat 2019-12-07 02:52:51 MST; 7h ago
            └─ ConditionFirstBoot=yes was not met
      Docs: man:systemd-firstboot(1)

Dec 07 02:52:47 F31-Host systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in First
Boot >
Dec 07 02:52:51 F31-Host systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in First