AMD Ryzen 7 freeze on YouTube

Lukas Zapletal
Hey,

I encountered weird Ryzen 7 freeze when playing youtube video, it kinda stuck in a few seconds loop, the computer was unusable and had to hard reset. While I will be trying to pull out something useful from logs next time (I don't have persistent journal set), anyone experienced the same? This is up-to-date Fedora 25, I was using Google Chrome stable.

Is this something to do with Ryzen bug FMA3? How do I check? I do have latest BIOS update, but unsure how to check this bug. Is there a test? I also have older GeForce card, using open source drivers.

Thanks for any hints which direction I should dig. Thanks.

Re: AMD Ryzen 7 freeze on YouTube

Lukas Zapletal
Just for the record, this was most likely caused by NVidia card I used in my setup and nouvau driver with Google Chrome, known GPU acceleration problem. I am swapping this with an old AMD Radeon R5 card with open-source drivers, crossing my fingers.