686 w/o 64: Whence?

BeartoothHOS

        I downloaded F26 and tried to install it to an old T42 Thinkpad
(which currently has F22; I haven't been using it). It says it can't even
boot, but needs 686 architecture withOUT 64-bit.

        So I went back to getfedora.org, and started looking-&-mousing
around. (I want Gnome2 with Mate, or if not that, with Xfce.) Is it even
there?

Re: 686 w/o 64: Whence?

Richard Shaw-6
What file did you actually download? There are both 32bit and 64bit images available...

Thanks,
Richard

Re: 686 w/o 64: Whence?

Matthew Miller-2
On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 03:08:39PM +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> I downloaded F26 and tried to install it to an old T42 Thinkpad
> (which currently has F22; I haven't been using it). It says it can't even
> boot, but needs 686 architecture withOUT 64-bit.
>
> So I went back to getfedora.org, and started looking-&-mousing
> around. (I want Gnome2 with Mate, or if not that, with Xfce.) Is it even
> there?

https://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/download/index.html

A 32-bit live ISO is in the right column under "Other Downloads".

--
Matthew Miller
<[hidden email]>

Re: 686 w/o 64: Whence?

Matthew Miller-2
On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 11:42:32AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > So I went back to getfedora.org, and started looking-&-mousing
> > around. (I want Gnome2 with Mate, or if not that, with Xfce.) Is it even
> > there?
> https://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/download/index.html
> A 32-bit live ISO is in the right column under "Other Downloads".

Note that a Google search for "32 bit fedora xfce download" will take
you right there.

--
Matthew Miller
<[hidden email]>